FLSA Code: Part-Time Non-Exempt
The Event ProductionCoordinator plays an integral role in assisting The Bass enhance the guest experience through the planning and production of events. S/he is responsible for helping to plan and produce internal Public Programs and Special Events, as well as assist with events initiated by Venue Rental clients who host events at The Bass.
The Event Production Coordinator will be proactive, organized, and demonstrate effective communication skills both verbal and written. This position requires flexibility to work on weekends, early mornings, and late evenings as necessary. The position reports to the Special Events Manager.
Coordinate and execute events, as needed, to include but not limited to:
- Assist with logistical planning and communication across all respective departments, working with Department leads as needed
- Take lead on execution of event production elements
- Procurement of talent riders, promo images and copy
- Talent travel arrangements
- Setup of reservation system for guest RSVP and reporting
- Vendor management (I.e. request bids, coordinate delivery, setup and breakdown, invoicing and payments)
- Assist with calendar management and maintenance of CRM software
- Participate onsite at events as a resource and point person for clients, vendors, etc.
- Work with Operations Department to secure & coordinate building resources (I.e. security, guest services, in-house A/V equipment, and museum maintenance)
- Assist clients/talent/internal staff with A/V equipment setup and troubleshoot, when needed
- Assist with ensuring placement of staffing resources at designated posts, as needed
- Procurement and management of event related documents for venue rental clients (I.e. BEO’s, contracts, ancillary agreements, riders, insurance certificates, permits or other event documentation
- Administrative tasks that include scanning, archiving, event supplies inventory management
- Assist with other related tasks as needed
- Positive team player with excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution
- Proficient organizational and time-management skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong mathematical skills, attention to detail and significant use of memory
- Some college required.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in event planning and production.
- Experience in non-profit events management a plus.
- Experience with audio/visual equipment (presentation and audio equipment)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; good presentation skills.
- Outstanding follow up skills and attention to detail is a MUST.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including ability to effectively create and monitor department budget.
- Strong computer and database management skills, ability for immediate follow-up on all invoicing. Altru knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Industry knowledge of special events, preferably in a results-oriented setting.
- Experience with production/technical operations and services. Knowledge of special event processes.
- Ability to work productively with diverse constituencies.
- Flexible schedule is required.
- Fluency in Spanish language a plus.
- Commensurate with experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please, no phone inquiries.
Note: This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the team member(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual team member.
No third party agencies or submissions will be accepted.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, political affiliation or veteran status. DFWP
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. If your qualifications and experience match the needs of the current job or internship opening, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE