FLSA Code: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The Bass, Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum, seeks dynamic, outgoing Guest Services Associates to provide reliable and effective front-line service to the museum. As the “face of the Bass,” Guest Services Associates are responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and being positive representatives of the Bass at all times. Guest Services Associates report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Perform general museum reception, greeting the public, special guests, members, and groups in a cheerful, positive manner at all times.
- Ensure a positive and safe experience for all museum users including exhibition visitors, program participants, café/shop visitors, event attendees and those participating in on- site rentals.
- Provide and maintain accurate information about the museum, exhibits, programs, and services.
- Process admissions, program fees, membership fees, and various payments through a Point of Sale system (Altru); balance all intakes at close of business before submitting to Senior Guest Services Associate.
- Answer all general phone inquiries and/or transfer callers to the appropriate staff member.
- Capture accurate statistical, marketing and membership data.
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed: mail pick up and processing, and purchasing staff supplies, maintaining forms, supply sourcing and ordering, correspondence, and filing.
- Maintain a clean, business-like front-of- house environment.
- Assist with other duties as required and assigned by the Operations Manager
- Positive team player with excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution
- Proficient organizational and time-management skills and strong multi-tasking abilities
- Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong mathematical skills, attention to detail and significant use of memory
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to process information accurately and within a deadline
- Aptitude for performing work requiring close attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload and to change priorities on short or little notice
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Experience in cash handling with knowledge of Point of Sale systems preferred
- Museum/Art experience not required, but preference will be given to candidates with an interest in the field
- 20-28 hours per week, with potential for more based on event needs
- Scheduling TBD, but flexible
- Commensurate with experience
DATE OF HIRE
Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please, no phone inquiries.
Note: This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the team member(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual team member.
No third party agencies or submissions will be accepted.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, political affiliation or veteran status. DFWP
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. If your qualifications and experience match the needs of the current job or internship opening, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE