The Education Outreach and Special Programs Coordinator is tasked with strategically planning and managing The Bass Museum of Art’s outreach and tour experiences. Current outreach programs include classroom outreach presentations, large community events and fairs that will have an impact on programs taking place in the community as well as inside the museum. Additionally, a school program component entails creating and implementing curricula for tours. The Education Outreach and Programs Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Education.
The Education Outreach and Special Programs Coordinator’s major tasks are to
- Strategically establish and maintain relationships between The Bass and local schools, agencies, event coordinators and other community organizations that represent Miami’s diverse population;
- Liaise between The Bass and target community or school personnel to determine solutions for eliminating barriers to museum participation;
- Develop multi-generational lesson plans that follow the overall pedagogy and vision of The Bass Education Department as well as state learning standards when needed;
- Contribute to the design and creation of tour and outreach learning experiences that are based on our exhibitions;
- Ensure that all programs are accessible to all, which may include creating multiple learning paths based on learner needs;
- Ensure that evaluation processes and necessary reporting are being instituted based on grant reporting requirements;
- Ensure data bases are current and up to date;
- Do regular inventory checks on supplies, both in-house and externally at partner sites and submitting orders when needed;
- Manage outreach budget, including submission of invoices and other check requests as needed;
- Manage outreach staff and/or teaching artists, whether volunteer or paid, which includes evaluating quality of work, schedules, meetings and training;
- Help coordinate miscellaneous events such as Family Days and public programs
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any of the following fields: art education, education, business marketing, liberal studies, communications, social work or any other related field of study
Skills and Qualifications
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of standard computer software and internet
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Must pass Level II background check
- Minimum of 2 years of appropriate work experience
- Teaching certificate preferred
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, walk with pull-cart and stand. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job are those required to obtain a driver’s license in the state of Florida.
Job Status: Full time, 40 hours/week with infrequent weekend and evening hours which include special museum events
All interested and qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Kylee Crook, Director of Education, [email protected].Please, no phone inquiries.
The Bass Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. If your qualifications and experience match the needs of the current job or internship opening, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE