The Bass is currently seeking an energetic and experienced Grants Manager to join its Development department and implement the museum’s foundation, government and corporate grants strategy for annual operations, restricted programs, strategic initiatives, and capital projects. Major responsibilities include managing and stewarding a portfolio of foundation, government and corporate grant funders, in addition to identifying and securing new institutional funding streams for the museum. The Bass Grants Manager will report directly to the Development Manager, Individual Giving and work closely with the Executive Director and Director of External Affairs as well as department heads to advance the museum’s fundraising priorities.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, write and submit letters of inquiry, proposals and other materials as necessary to secure foundation, government and corporate grant support.
- Work with Deputy Director and project directors to prepare, track and report on project budgets that meet funder guidelines.
- Work with project directors to ensure grant-funded projects are on-track and that obligations are fulfilled within the terms of the grant agreement.
- Submit project revisions to funders as necessary.
- Track and meet annual income goals for grant support.
- Steward existing grant funders.
- Research and identify new sources of grant revenue in conjunction with institutional priorities.
- Manage the annual grant calendar.
- Ensure funder files are accurate and up-to-date in Altru CRM and paper files.
- Attend grant meetings on and offsite.
- Work with the Development Manager, Individual Giving to conduct prospect research and produce donor profiles and proposals.
- Work with the Director of External Affairs to conduct prospect research and produce corporate profiles and sponsorship decks.
- Produce monthly reports for City of Miami Beach Mayor and Commissioners.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Strong editing skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Basic understanding of prospect research best practices
- Three to five years of fundraising experience with a proven track record of securing significant grant funding for non-profit organizations, preferably for visual or performing arts institutions.
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly and persuasively
- Capable of working well under pressure, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of local, state and national foundation, government and corporate grant landscape
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strong sense of personal and professional accountability
- Initiative, integrity and desire to support the mission of The Bass to present contemporary art to excite, challenge and educate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Altru CRM is preferred.
The Bass offers competitive salary and health benefits commensurate with experience.
DATE OF HIRE
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please, no phone inquiries.
Note: This description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the team member(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive or specific to any individual team member.
No third party agencies or submissions will be accepted. This is a full-time position that will work on-site, no exceptions.
Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, political affiliation or veteran status. DFWP
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individual inquiries. If your qualifications and experience match the needs of the current job or internship opening, potential candidates will be contacted for an interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE